In this Real Estate Video Mike Mullin Sales Representative for Royal LePage RCR Realty In Orangeville Ontario talks with Roy Chopp an Insurance and Financial Advisor and owner of The Co-operators on First Street about getting an insurance quote before you buy.
Buying an Orangeville home follows a specific timeline that first-time buyers may not realize.
It is important to get an insurance quote at the right time to be sure that you can afford the insurance and that above all, the home is insurable.
The right time to find out about insurance is after the seller has accepted your offer, but before conditions expire. When you call to inquire about insurance, you should have the following information available.
- The year in which the Orangeville home was built.
- How recently the roof was repaired.
- Any plumbing updates and when they were put in.
- Any electrical updates and when that occurred.
- The type of heating system and when it was installed or last serviced.
If you do not know this information, contact your REALTORS®. They will have it easily accessible to help making the buying of your Orangeville home a reality.