Secure your home over the holidays
With the holiday season fast approaching, it is time to think of how to spend time with family and friends. If you are planning a trip it is important to secure your home and treasured belongings.
Here are 6 TIPS to make your home less vulnerable:
- Restrict views into your home where you may have the Christmas tree with gifts and valuables displayed.
- Leave lights on while you are away and an automatic timer is a great idea.
- Ask a trusted neighbour or a family member to keep the front of your home clear of newspapers, debris and hold onto a spare key.
- Don’t advertise your absence! Resist the urge to post on facebook or other social media that you are going away on holidays and all the details.
- Upgrade and reinforce the front door and locks. Invest and protect your home with a security system.
- Unplug your television, computer and other appliances to protect them from power surges and helps to save power as well!